How to Use Primer in Your Beauty Routine
Are you familiar with primers yet don’t completely understand why they are necessary? Oftentimes disregarded as a beauty procedure, primers actually have many advantages that you may not be aware of. Primers can make an immense difference in the appearance and longevity of your makeup application. Don’t miss out on this vital step.
Say goodbye to smudged, creased or disappearing foundation during the day by adding a face primer to your makeup routine. You will witness its effects at once.
What is Makeup Primer?
Ready to take your look from Insta-filter to IRL? Primers are the secret weapon for a flawless foundation application. Think of makeup and skin like painting and canvas – you can paint directly on, but priming first will make it easier to work with, helping your foundation last longer and giving you an effortless second-skin finish that looks natural. It’s a win all around!
Not only will your makeup kit benefit from the addition of a primer, but you can also target particular skin issues like dryness or oiliness with different formulations. Primers help mattify, blur, illuminate and smooth – whatever it is that your skin needs.
Furthermore, they reduce pores visibility and hyperpigmentation while filling in fine lines; color-correcting to make sure everything looks just right; not to mention protecting our skin from damaging free radicals.
Find what works best for YOU: because having the correct primer as part of your beauty routine will drastically change how you look at yourself.
Variety of Primers
- Face Primer to prep for foundation application
- Tinted Primer SPF 40 to protect your skin and give an evening glow
- Illuminating Primer for soft and subtle glow
- Fill Perfecting Primer for minimizing fine lines and wrinkles
- Shadow Primer for perfecting your eyeshadow before application
Why Face Primer Is Essential for Mineral Makeup
Primer perfects your complexion by blurring away fine lines and other minor imperfections, rendering an even surface for easier makeup application. Best of all, you can utilize less cosmetics to achieve the same coverage than before—saving money in the long run! With superior adhesion properties, primer is a true friend that guarantees your makeup stays put through any climate: hot and humid summers or cold and dry winters.
Is Primer Really Worth It?
Unquestionably! A primer can completely transform your complexion, making it look even and smooth. By incorporating a primer into your routine, you will be able to achieve that naturally flawless, “your-skin-but-better” look. So don’t hesitate – try out a good quality primer today for the best results with makeup application.
Step-by-step Primer Application
- To begin, apply a generous amount of your favorite daily moisturizer and wait for it to be fully absorbed into the skin. If you have particularly dry skin, consider adding Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Hydrator to the product – this will help hydrate the surface even more deeply!
- Then, grab a pea-sized amount of your favorite primer and apply it to a dome-shaped foundation brush. Start by lightly brushing this all over your T-zone (nose, forehead and chin). This particular brush is designed to simulate the same pressure you would feel if you were applying with your fingers.
- To ensure a flawless finish, use your foundation application after you’ve applied an appropriate transparent formula. If opting for a tinted primer instead, feel free to wear it alone or layer with base makeup for added coverage.
What is the Best Tool to Apply Primer?
We recommend using a dome-shaped brush, but you can also use your fingers or even a makeup blender sponge, depending on your preference. Applying primer with your fingers will help warm the product so it melts into your skin. If you’re using a sponge, spritz it with a hydrating mist first, then stipple the primer onto your complexion.
Is it Possible to Wear a Primer Alone?
If you’re in the mood for a subtle makeup look or just prefer to go minimal, then using primer without makeup is an ideal skincare-makeup combo. It’s great for achieving an effortless no-makeup vibe; simply apply it after your daily skincare routine and enjoy its smoothing benefits along with adjustable coverage that will neutralize any discoloration and blemishes.
And, if you’re using a tinted primer with SPF that will also help protect your skin from premature aging caused by free radical damage. If your primer doesn’t have SPF in it, be sure to add it after you moisturize and before you add your primer.